[LMB] Reading in different languages

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 13 16:40:50 BST 2021

John Lennard <john.c.lennard at gmail.com> wrote:
> * Plus, he was slapping at Shakespeare, having found the pseudo-movement of
> Birnam Wood to Dunsinane a rotten swiz. If you're gonna have moving woods,
> do it properly!

>From a certain point of view, Macbeth was being rather blind.  When you
receive a prophecy that's conditional on such completely *bizarre*
things coming to pass, you should spend a few minutes trying to parse
it, rather than just blowing it off with a "well, *that'll* never
happen!"  But I've been re-reading _Harry Potter and the Methods of
Rationality_, which may be skewing my judgement.

Joel