[LMB] The Most Influential Sci-Fi Books Of All Time

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 17:05:23 BST 2021

William A Wenrich said:

> I disagree with many of the picks.

I'm not sure how 'influential' was determined and I don't think the item
mentioned its criteria. Influential on other writers? On readers? On the
world? There were in any case some books on the list that I hated, some
that I loved, and some I'd never heard of.

>  I’d like to ask the list which of Herself’s books are the most
influential, as opposed to favorite.
> Has any other author won two best series Hugos?

I'd say Hugos are evidence of popularity rather than influence - though I
suppose that is simpy influence with the readership.

Why "A Civil Campaign" was chosen, I don't know. I'd have said one of the
early Miles' books was Lois' "most influential" - probably "The Warrior's
Apprentice".

namaste,
Elizabeth