[LMB] The Most Influential Sci-Fi Books Of All Time

David Bowen dmb0317 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 05:55:23 BST 2021

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 9:17 PM Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But I think Zelazny's Amber series as well as J. R.R. Tolkien should have
> been on this
> list not to mention Fritz Lieber.
>
> The list claims to be a list of most influential science fiction and seems
by its choices to be deliberately excluding fantasy. That would leave
Tolkien out. Lieber did, I believe, write some science fiction but is best
remembered for Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser stories which are more on the
fantasy side of the line. It's been a while since I've read the Amber
books, but I'd lean toward counting them as fantasy as well, though that's
a much less clear choice. So certainly influential, but not influential
science fiction.

David Bowen