[LMB] OT: fear of heights, was AIHABF

Raymond Collins rcrcoll6 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 03:38:35 BST 2021

Back in 1979 I went on a Outward Bound hiking and mountain climbing event
in the Three Sisters Mountain State Park. We managed to summit on the
Middle Sister which was a heady experience. Standing over the glacier,  was
a large  rocky outcrop which was the highest point of the mountain.  Of
course we all stood on it. Maybe we might have jumped on it. I took a
picture of the group with my camera too. Anyway as we prepared to leave we
heard this loud crack. We turned around and watched the huge rock outcrop
break off and tumbled down the glacier.
 Our instructor was as white as a sheet.