[LMB] Birthday Tixies - Letter for Jean Lamb

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 16:51:09 BST 2021

[Jean Lamb was born on this day in 1954, an auspicious year. In 2021, she
has received a bouquet of exquisite yellow and blue flowers, whose unusual
beauty caused her to try to learn their name, but without luck, as they
were from a planet far away and a time in our future. A birthday card was
attached - a picture of a castle by a lake - with the following note.]

[The letter head reads, in formal gilded script, simply "Countess
Vorkosigan".]

October 15

My dear Jean,

It's your birthday again - I do wish you the best in health and happiness,
as does Miles.

We are taking it easy at Vorkosigan Surleau this week, and I do hope you
can join us. It's been unseasonably warm, with a lot of screaming and
splashing about in the water, and horse-back rides - beautiful to watch,
but not my thing, so you can I can walk in the gardens, if you wish - I
think you'll like what I did with them this year - or simply sit and talk,
or even sit and read. It's all about relaxation and good times.

Yours,

Ekaterin

namaste,
Elizabeth