[LMB] Birthday Tixie - Jerrie Adkins

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 16:52:48 BST 2021

[A letter for Jerrie Adkins, written in a sprawling yet elegant hand,
barely containing its own exuberance in the words. The letter is folded
into a birthday card which shows 58 candles on a 3-tiered cake with pink
and scarlet rosettes, surrounded by rainbow-coloured musical notes. Inside,
the card says, "Happy Birthday", and is signed, "Ivan and Tej".]

The note:

Oh Jerrie, I hope your birthday is as wonderful as it ought to be. I've
arranged a party for you - not a large one, but utterly musical, with some
friends of mine who are experimenting with lyrics and sound - very
traditional in some ways, exquisitely new in others, and lovely to dance
to. Please come! Ivan and I are so looking forward to seeing you again. Be
well, be happy, see you soon, Tej.

namaste,
Elizabeth