[LMB] OT: Hair color

Jelbelser jelbelser at comcast.net
Sat Oct 16 01:03:55 BST 2021

I was born with perfectly auburn hair, of which I was very vain. Never tempted to color it. In my 50s the red went away, leaving me with medium brown hair with red highlights. And now I’m light grey at the temples, a la bride of Frankenstein.

Keeping up with coloring so roots don’t show feels absolutely too tedious, so it will be whatever it will be.

When I was a few months old, my maternal grandmother was wheeling me around in a pram, informing all and sundry that I had red hair because my father was German, which was a high-status thing back then in East European Jewish circles. Which is odd, since Grandfather came from Ukraine and was strawberry blond.

Janet in TN