[LMB] Lagrange points

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sat Oct 16 13:48:53 BST 2021

Paleo Gammer from Reddit

The L5 National Anthem

Oh give me a locus, where the gravitons focus,
And the Three-Body-Problem is solved...
Where the microwaves play, down at 3 degrees K,
And the cold virus never evolved...
--- chorus
You won't need no oil, nor a tokomak coil,
Solar stations provide Earth with juice...
Power beams are sublime, so no one will mind,
When we cook the occasional goose
--- chorus
I'm sick of this place, it's just McDonalds in space,
And living up here is a bore...
Tell the girls not to cry, they can kiss me goodbye,
Cause I'm moving next week to L4...
--- chorus

> On Oct 16, 2021, at 5:57 AM, Peter Hews via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> We know a song about that, don't we, boys and girls?
>
> "Home, home on Lagrange,
> Where the space debris always collects.
> We possess so it seems two of man's greatest dreams,
> Solar power and zero-G sex."
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_on_Lagrange_(The_L5_Song) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_on_Lagrange_(The_L5_Song)>
>
> Peter Hews

—