[LMB] OT: Ivermectin (was: Comercials

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 17 14:41:43 BST 2021

From: WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com>

> On Oct 16, 2021, at 6:19 AM, tidsel via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
> I think I can understand your feelings here - but what a high price for her to pay for falling for fake news..
> What is really odd, though, is that that kind of thing doesn't seem to convince others.

People who fall for scams and the more obvious the scam the worse they fall, find it hard
to give up and admit they were wrong. In many cases they?d rather die.

Gwynne: I've seen a great deal of information, and sad examples, of people who will
cling so tightly to a ridiculous and often damaging belief, no matter what. And I know
that simple proof and logic aren't enough. But what is? What does it take to get through?
That's not a flippant question. We really need to figure out how to deal with the
worrying huge numbers of people who are deluded almost to the point of mental
disturbance.