[LMB] TSR Chapter 5 - Production vs Credit

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 01:57:37 BST 2021

Thur is on the road from the mines to his apprenticeship.  He and the mule
driver agree that the mines are cold and dark and awful, but what then?

"I'm for the open road" says the mule driver.  "You should join us, Thur,
not shut yourself up in some nasty little dark shop."

"It's the metal. Hundreds of men albor to get the metal, like the  copper,
into the hands of some fancy smith, and who gets the credit/ The artisan,
that's who."

===
Does anyone still  have the book?  This is p79 of the hardback.
===

I meant to do a thing about artists and their suppliers & galleries and art
critics and all, but...
I can't help but think of all the people who righteously isolated for a
year, and who gets the credit?

Not the people on the road delivering the food, and the clothes, and the
doodads that people impulse-purchase because they're home and bored.

Not the people processing the food, getting sick at cut-rate salaries.

Not the person standing at the grocer's till, breathing everyone's breath.

No, they don't get the credit. They didn't isolate.

Sylvia