[LMB] AKICOT:L Comercials

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Mon Oct 18 04:31:16 BST 2021

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 09:51:14AM +0000, Bujold list wrote:

> I haven't followed in detail the trials with Ivermerctin - and they

Trials are either flawed, fraudulent, or find no benefit against covid.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58170809
https://codeblue.galencentre.org/2021/07/16/huge-study-claiming-ivermectin-effective-against-covid-19-retracted-amid-fraud-plagiarism-concerns/

> are, I think still going on - just know that it is not in the interest
> of 'Big Pharma' to have a cheap and ready  medication, when they are

But it is in the interest of many people to lie about ivermectin being
beneficial, if they can profit from selling or prescribing it.

> tendency for cultural snottiness, where many in the Western countries
> do not believe we can learn anything from Africa or Asia.

Sure, let's learn from Aisa: India *stopped* using ivermectin because
they found no benefit.
https://www.indiatoday.in/coronavirus-outbreak/story/why-hcq-ivermectin-dropped-india-covid-treatment-protocol-1857306-2021-09-26

> opposed to hospitals. I have Ivermectin in my house on the advice of
> my health worker friend, with very specific instructions, not least
> because I cannot get vaccinated because of allergy. It may or may not

You're allergic to every covid vaccine in your country?  The mRNA
vaccines don't have the same allergens as the viral vector vaccines.  I
don't think either one overlaps with flu vaccines.  The CDC recommends
that people with an allergic reaction to a mRNA vaccine get J&J for
their second dose.

> I guess my main point from the start of this debate really was that
> you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar as the English say,
> and good sober debates is a much better solution than jeers  if you
> actually want to solve problems :-)

But what do you do when people are lying and arguing in bad faith?

-xx- Damien X-)