[LMB] Political Memoirs

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Mon Oct 18 23:34:17 BST 2021

On Mon, 18 Oct 2021, Elizabeth Holden wrote:
> I said I'd read some Canadian political memoirs and Alayne said:
>
>> Cool! Actually, I figured that Ross Ashley would be the one who challenged
>> me :-)
>
> Maybe he will too.
>
>> Which ones?
>
> Judy LaMarsh and Dalton Camp. I haven't read the Jeremy Akerman one. Would
> you recommend it?

Akerman was NDP leader in Nova Scotia for many years, which can be a
pretty heartbreaking endeavour in a province where patronage was only
slowly being eliminated at that time (1970s) and many people voted Liberal
or Tory based on how their father voted - but he managed to see the hope &
humour in the attempt. His description of how roads got fixed was blackly
humorous. I enjoyed it and would recommend it.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca