[LMB] OT: Hair color

Margaret Dean margdean56 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 04:06:51 BST 2021

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 5:20 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Gwynne: I was blonde as a child, but over time it went darker and
> darker until it was boring brown. But according to my skin and my
> horoscope, I'm supposed to have red hair, so I feel that I'm just
> correcting an error.

Like Gwynne, I was blonde as a child, and my hair was straight. About the
time I hit puberty (c. eighth grade), it not only darkened to light brown,
it also developed a natural wave. Nowadays it has some grey in it, which I
actually like the look of since it adds texture.

But in my younger days (20s and 30s) I did experiment with henna a couple
of times, and indeed, the resultant red/auburn looked quite natural with
the rest of my coloring. The advantage of henna, as I recall, is that it
washes out gradually so that you don't show obvious "roots."

--Margaret Dean
  <margdean56 at gmail.com>