[LMB] OT: Ivermectin (was: Comercials

tidsel egern at protonmail.com
Tue Oct 19 18:55:02 BST 2021

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Monday, October 18th, 2021 at 5:12 AM, <alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca> wrote:

> Thinking more about this, people are more interested in and convinced by
>
> stories rather than dry facts. Maybe we need to tel more stories, and more
>
> hopeful stories about the benefits of vaccination.

I do not agree, but many people are influenced by other people, by what their groups say, by what scientific looking people say..
There is A LOT of fake shit out there, and not everybody is trained in source criticism. It is easy to get arrogant and patronizing,
but I think there are big groups of people out there who are not at all conspiracy theorists (a loud minority IMO) but just people in doubt
who do not know who to believe. Especially in countries where people do not trust their Government (usually for good reasons.)

I have seen sensible people who did not speak English post fake facts supposedly translated, except the 'translator' just happened to add his own ideas and tweak the whole
conclusion. But they were in good faith and did not know. Fake hearings that look authentic but are scam, statistics tweaked to say something else, and so on and so forth.
Some of the people doing this are damn good at it, and it gets passed on in good faith. Not everybody is an "anti vaxxer" or "freedom fighter" or just plain trolling.