[LMB] OT: Ivermectin (was: Comercials

Peter Hews Peterhews at protonmail.com
Tue Oct 19 19:15:30 BST 2021

On Tuesday, October 19th, 2021 at 19:57, brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> Fake stuff spreads quickly now. But haven’t people always believed fake stuff?

It's proverbial.  And the reason has always been the same, that liars can make a better and more attractive story.

In modern terms, science's problem is that an honest scientist will rarely say "we know this for certain, no ifs or buts."  But charlatans are absolutely sure they are right, which makes them far more convincing.

Peter Hews