[LMB] NYTimes.com: In a First, Surgeons Attached a Pig Kidney to a Human — and It Worked

Richard G. Molpus rgmolpus at flash.net
Thu Oct 21 03:40:05 BST 2021

Speaking as someone who is in need of a kidney - If God doesn't want me to have a pigs' one to replace my original equipment, he can bloody well provide one to me!
    On Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 08:29:56 PM CDT, A. Marina Fournier via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

 On Oct 20, 2021, at 3:47 PM, Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:

> The real question, of course, is how they taste.
>
> Also, why there's no OT tag.  Although I guess we can tie this into
> vat-meat and make it Bujold-relevant.  Thusly!
>
> Matt "is that even a word?" G.

Thusly is not a word in my vocabulary or opinion. Chai tea isn’t either: ‘chai’ meaning ‘tea’ doesn’t indicate spices, milk, or sweetening, but ‘masala chai’ does.

As to the headline, I suppose there may be religious barriers for some to accept an organ from a pig. However, the recipient might be easier to teach to sing without annoyance!

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala