[LMB] Knot of Shadows (aka Penric 11) launches today!

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sun Oct 24 00:57:06 BST 2021

On Oct 22, 2021, at 12:38 PM, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:

> Found it and jumped on it!

Me, 7th-47th. Must finish current book this evening, and set myself for a good read.

I feel cheated in not hearing the rain thus far on the roof (🎶I love a rainy night🎶), but Sunday & Monday may prove different, even though we may only get 1-2”—better chance of no flooding.

The areas with burn scars are in danger of flash flooding & landslides:
Starting late Saturday afternoon, the category 5 storm — the most severe on the scale of 1 to 5 — was expected to douse the North Bay hills with up to 10 inches of rain. As the system travels south, San Francisco could see 3-4 inches, with up to 8 inches at the top of Mount Tamalpais and other points of high elevation.

>>San Jose and most of the East Bay, including eastern Contra Costa County and the Diablo Range, were forecast to see the least downpour with about 1-2 inches total.<<

For thousands of residents from Santa Cruz to Sacramento, the combination of sudden rainfall and ashy buildup within wildfire burn scars could create dangerous debris flows and mudslides, officials warned. The National Weather Service issued a flash flooding warning starting at 5 a.m. Sunday in the North Bay, 1 p.m. in the Santa Cruz Mountains and 5 p.m. in Monterey County.

I know that Agnès and I are safe, not sure about others in the path of this storm.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala