[LMB] OT Gwynne

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 24 12:37:06 BST 2021

From: Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk>

On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 19:47:14 -0600, brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>What did it influence?

 - it's possible to have an SF future that's not just "Yanks in Space";
 - computers are not necessarily the way it will go;
 - women can be a political force;
 - current emnities may not last forever, in the face of new ones.

Gwynne: It's possible that with the older works we may not recognise all the
ways they influenced the genre, because they were so effective that the changes
they presented are now a regular part of the scene.