[LMB] [LMB} ot: recommending Georgette Heyer

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 07:14:31 BST 2021

From: Elizabeth Stowe <estowe427 at gmail.com>

Hi. I haven't been active on this list for awhile, but I just finished reading Knots of Shadows and came by to check out the discussion of this latest Penric. I see that I should go over to Goodreads for that.
Elizabeth Stowe

Gwynne: I agree with your recommendations. I'd add Nonesuch to older heroes,
also Lady of Quality and Masqueraders. Tollbooth?

Then there's Arabella, which would go with Nonesuch in a 'socially aware' section,
perhaps.

The trouble is, as soon as I try to classify them and pick a favourite, I think of a
dozen others. Reading her books is like visiting friends, or taking a holiday in a
much-loved place. I like to dip in now and then just to enjoy being there.