[LMB] OT: Dune Movie

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Tue Oct 26 18:07:10 BST 2021

Thank you!
________________________________
From: Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk> on behalf of Kathy Collett <kcollett at hamilton.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 11:04 AM
To: Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold. <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [LMB] OT: Dune Movie

Paul Krugman’s opinion piece in the New York Times today is mostly about the Dune movie (spoiler: he likes it).  He starts the piece with this: "The blogger John Rogers once noted that there are two novels that can shape the lives of bookish 14-year-olds: “Atlas Shrugged” and “The Lord of the Rings.” One of these novels, he asserted, is a childish fantasy that can leave you emotionally stunted; the other involves orcs.”  Krugman also touches on the new Foundation series (spoiler: he doesn’t like it).

I think if I post this gift link, you can all read the piece even if you don’t have a subscription and have used up your monthly free articles: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/26/opinion/dune-movie-foundation-series.html?unlocked_article_code=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEIPuonUktbfqohlSFUZBSbSRdkhrxqAwvTSxrF5g3jgLSXQRzFfyegcH4mH_QLWaLBiasB13yieQJUJFo4Tc8FI770VOV1xGU7vq4GYmZ8BLmI_pdLiATJp1teTBuoytGLjZzD8Ibojm_jksxiNYTHvUK2M2XUxNU0y98seAFKp0HwDxK7PFfckmYUtmKd8We0pAGsIdyKIvPH3CxxhO9rgbh7U7gk-W-ExSiiE1JfHqOpGKFMOfAqAGHBv4m886MdfOMcVNMv8KB0ncMn9idYBG2Qv5rbZjry71GjA12hEOFo&smid=url-share

Enjoy!

Katherine
Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to mathews55 at msn.com
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk