[LMB] Sandworms of Barrayar

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Tue Oct 26 22:55:49 BST 2021

I'm re-reading Dune for the first time since childhood, a fairly
engaging read, if with some warts.

But I found Leto and Jessica superficially reminding me of Aral
and Cordelia.  He's olive-skinned, with a narrow and driven face, lord
of an ancient house; she's an outsider redhead of composite beauty, and
as Bene Gesserit of course a master psychologist; they have a brilliant
son who's the real focus; the element of going native with the tribal
folk; Harkonnens filling the Vorrutyer role as perverted enemies...

-xx- Damien X-)