[LMB] [LMB} ot: recommending Georgette Heyer

Elizabeth Stowe estowe427 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 01:25:13 BST 2021

Robert Woodward wrote: While I have only read her mysteries, I also like _No Wind of Blame_ (if only for the one scene play that the apparent airhead daughter produced, directed, and played the ingenue)

es: No Wind of Blame has several wonderful over the top characters. I agree that the daughter Vicky does a magnificent job of eradicating the Russian Prince, and I also like her mother. Vicky and the lawyer's banter towards the end -- about playing a Roman slave boy? -- is probably the most risqué conversation in all of Heyer's work.