[LMB] OT: Wreck update

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 28 09:31:32 BST 2021

From: WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com>

I finally got the car back after 4 weeks. There?s a little more vibration since they had to replace the mounting bushings.
I had to pay $500 deductible to get the car. Since the insurance company for the other driver is saying that their policy was not in force at the time of the accident, it will be treated as an uninsured motorist and I?ll be out $250.
So the accident that happened when I was stopped at a light will cost me $250 and a month without a car. It could be worse, if I hadn?t had the uninsured motorist coverage, it would have been thousands.
William A Wenrich

Gwynne: I like the way they say the 'policy was not in force' at the time of the
accident; in other words, the guy didn't have insurance. We're not allowed to
drive without insurance here, I thought it was the same over there. So the
clown who hit you should be liable to pay, but I know that it's often difficult
to get money out of some people, even when they clearly owe it.  Anyway, it's
good that you're ok, which is what matters most.