[LMB] OT: husband’s “fun” in the ER

Robert Woodward Robert_A_Woodward at comcast.net
Thu Oct 28 16:53:54 BST 2021

> On Oct 28, 2021, at 3:32 AM, WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 27, 2021, at 11:39 PM, A. Marina Fournier via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk <mailto:lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>> wrote:
>>
>> It’s a kidney stone! His second, and there’s a enlarged junction in the urinary tract from it. This one’s only about 3mm, as opposed to the 5mm in the summer of 1995. Yes, much ouch.
>
> I so ancient that I remember milk being delivered to our home, by a personage
> known as a milk man and placed into insulated boxes on the front steps.

Back in the early 1960s, when we were living in Stratford, Ontario (the only time I have lived outside the USA), the local milk company was doing home deliveries with a horse-drawn wagon (IIRC, later in the 60s, the company had converted to small trucks). In our case, there was a compartment in the outside wall of the kitchen that had an outside door and an inside door and that’s where the milk was delivered.

(Snip)

Robert Woodward robertaw at drizzle.com