[LMB] Kidney stones and giving birth and combat drops wasRe: OT: husband*s *fun* in the ER

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Oct 28 20:37:50 BST 2021

On Oct 28, 2021, at 12:17 PM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Oct 2021 14:49:32 -0400, Kathy Collett
> <kcollett at hamilton.edu> wrote:
>
>> On Oct 28, 2021, at 8:42 AM, brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>>> My daughter still gets milk delivered into such a box.
>>
>> I do too, in pretty rural upstate NY — or really, rural-adjacent college town.  Insulated milkbox outside the door.  Alas, the milk comes in plastic gallons, not the glass quarts we got 20 years ago.
>
> Still reasonably available in the UK, depending on where you live.  And
> still in glass bottles (which are returned, and used on average about 50
> times IIRC).

20-50, and 9 for wine bottles, consumer-recycled at some wineries.

Used to volunteer for a recycling info center, where I learned that. V. Sattui, in the south end of St Helena (hell-een-ah*) in Napa county, had the most complete recycling row I’d ever seen.

They have a lovely deli, with single use plates & utensils for those not planning a picnic but finding themselves hungry. Their seduction-quality ‘madiera’ is the best domestic one I’ve had. Its blend of ancient port, rich Zinfandel and fine brandy gives it a sweet hazelnut, burnt-caramel flavor is a Solera processed wine. I am all about Zinfandel!

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala

*In the CA town of San Pedro, just south of Long Beach, it’s pronounced San Pee-dro. They make baklava with cashews, which to most Middle-Eastern folk is just wrongwrongwrong!