[LMB] OT: Shooting

Louann Miller domelouann at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 23:34:49 BST 2021

Apparently there's a hypothetical case involving a gun loaded with
blanks/secretly reloaded by another with real bullets/etc that is used in
law schools to teach students about negligence, culpability, etc. I get the
sense it can be very complicated.
There's a blog I follow on YouTube put out by Glenn Kershner, a former
federal prosecutor, that had a ten minute episode today on what might or
might not happen legally in this case. (Spoiler: it's too soon to tell.)
It's called "Justice Matters." Most of his episodes are politically
related, but this one was a straight discussion of how the law works.
I've toyed with the idea of a novel about a man being shot and killed by a
rifle, out in the woods, while wearing a Bigfoot costume and making hoax
tracks. As I imagine it, a lot of the plot would hinge on whether the
hunter with the rifle thought he was shooting a man or an animal.

Louann