[LMB] Kidney stones and giving birth and combat drops wasRe: OT: husband’s “fun” in the ER

Louann Miller domelouann at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 23:40:13 BST 2021

As a two-time birth-giver, I agree about not really remembering the pain of
childbirth. For me, the second time was substantially easier. Part of that
may be that I insisted on a better dose of epidural than the first time
(different hospital). But I literally pushed 2-3 times with my second and
there she was. My usual joke is that the OB barely had time to put on her
catcher's mitt.
The body also releases a flood of oxytocin after childbirth, which
apparently helps with pain, memory of pain, and the bonding process.