[LMB] OT: vaccine reactions & astronomy news

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 12:24:02 BST 2021

On Thu, 28 Oct 2021 23:45:18 -0700, "A. Marina Fournier via Lois-Bujold"
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

>Kurt has horribly painful reactions to vaccines, not that it keeps him from getting them as needed. He thinks everyone gets reactions, but aside from needing to knead the site where I got an intramuscular injection, to break up the bolus, I don’t. Okay, the second Covid vaccine gave me a solid night’s good sleep, something that
comes rarely for me. I think Arthur also slept better after his.

>What about you all? Reactions (if so, what?), or not?

I had the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine. No site soreness at all (in fact,
I was waiting for the jab, and looked down to see the syringe being
discarded, it was that smooth), but I had flu-like symptoms for 3 days
after the first one, and what felt like a heavy cold after the second.

>Did you read about the extra-galactic planet/solar system? Is that neat, or what?

No!  I'll be hitting up Google now.
--
"If it's in the news don't worry about it. The news, by definition,
is about incredibly rare risks."   - Bruce Scheier