[LMB] Kidney stones and giving birth and combat drops wasRe: OT: husband?s ?fun? in the ER

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 29 12:57:40 BST 2021

From: Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk>

On Thu, 28 Oct 2021 14:49:32 -0400, Kathy Collett
>I do too, in pretty rural upstate NY ? or really, rural-adjacent college town.  Insulated milkbox outside the door.  Alas, the milk comes in plastic gallons, not the glass quarts we got 20 years ago.

Still reasonably available in the UK, depending on where you live.  And
still in glass bottles (which are returned, and used on average about 50
times IIRC).

Gwynne: When I was in Primary school (ages 5 - 12), the government gave
all school children a small bottle of milk, every day. The milk was delivered in
crates. Not cartons, not insulated, just open crates. In Australia. The milk would
be delivered in the morning, and sit on the verandah until it was time to
distribute it. In Australia. In summer. They did it to improve nutrition, and for
those children who needed it, it was probably a successful program. But it
made a generation of children think less than happy thoughts about drinking milk.