[LMB] OT: Shooting

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 29 13:54:34 BST 2021

From: WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com>

> On Oct 28, 2021, at 6:34 PM, Louann Miller <domelouann at gmail.com> wrote:
> Most of his episodes are politically
> related, but this one was a straight discussion of how the law works.
> I've toyed with the idea of a novel about a man being shot and killed by a
> rifle, out in the woods, while wearing a Bigfoot costume and making hoax
> tracks. As I imagine it, a lot of the plot would hinge on whether the
> hunter with the rifle thought he was shooting a man or an animal.
> Louann

Big Feet were and are out of season, like cows.
In Texas the shooter might have a "He needed killing defense.?

Gwynne: I think it was a CSI episode - some similar crime show,
anyway. Someone had been to a Furry convention and was drugged,
and stuck in his costume. He wandered onto a farm (I can't remember
all the ins and outs of it, to manipulate the situation to happen.)  The
farmer thought he saw a large coyote or dog out there in the darkness,
and shot it. Of course, he killed the bloke in the furry costume. I don't
think he was held to be guilty - he wasn't the one who drugged,
tricked and dumped the poor sod.

It must be interesting, thinking of ways to kill people for a living.