[LMB] OT: Wreck update

Louann Miller domelouann at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 14:25:35 BST 2021

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 12:27 AM Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm glad you're okay too.
> In Nebraska you have to show proof of insurance to renew your license tag.

Texas has the same law. The required level of insurance isn't a lot, but it
is a crime not to have it. I wonder if the main effect isn't to increase
the number of hit and runs, but it does have that law.

The other provision of Texas car insurance law which is much in my mind
right now is that the 19 year old son is almost certainly going to take his
drivers' test for a full license before the end of the year. Texas
Department of Transportation requires that he be on the auto insurance, at
the time of the road test, for whatever car he tests in. This is going to
be pricey.