[LMB] OT: vaccine reactions & astronomy news

Louann Miller domelouann at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 14:38:43 BST 2021

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 8:24 AM brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> I didn’t notice any reaction to any of my COVID vaccinations.   I wonder
> if there is a correlation between how big reactions someone gets with how
> big of a problem the actual disease would be.

A study from Brazil, which may or may not stand up to peer review, suggests
at least one antidepressant can reduce symptoms if the user goes on to have
COVID. I take the same class of medication (SSRI). This may relate to why I
got no bad reaction to the vaccine while my husband, who doesn't, had the
'feels like one day of flu' level.
The other thing about SSRIs is that you have to take them for around six
weeks for the level in your blood to reach therapeutic amounts. So if the
Brazil study is true, it won't be a whole lot of help for treating patients
after diagnosis.