[LMB] OT: Ivermectin (was: Comercials

Peter Hews Peterhews at protonmail.com
Fri Oct 29 19:34:06 BST 2021

On Tuesday, October 19th, 2021 at 22:41, Matija Grabnar via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

> On 19/10/2021 20:03, Peter Hews via Lois-Bujold wrote:

> True. Of course, discontinuing other treatments because you trusted
>
> ivermectin to save you might be another of those worries.

I'm sure it would have been if I had, which I never intended to do.  And if we had some ham we'd have some ham and eggs, if we had some eggs.
> > I dare say your research goes much deeper than mine, but at the time (mid 2020) I was neck-deep in planning and packing to move while trying to keep me and my wife alive, so I probably didn't go into it as far as I would have in quieter times.
>
> Mid 2020? That's impressive. By all I could find, most of 2020 people
>
> were talking about Hydroxychloroquine, not Ivermectin, interest in the
>
> later didn't seem to pick up until start of 2021. Interesting you chose
>
> Ivermectin back then, not Hcq or remdesivir. Wasn't that also before the
>
> African studies you were talking about were even performed?

Award yourself a GOTCHA point.  Yes, you're right, I had forgotten exactly when in a year I try not to remember this was.  I had a feeling after I posted it that it might have been later, and I could check back and find out from the dates of the papers, but it was too late at night and I didn't think anyone would bother to pick that particular nit.  I should have known.

Peter Hews