[LMB] OT: vaccine reactions & astronomy news

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Fri Oct 29 20:10:41 BST 2021

On Oct 29, 2021, at 6:39 AM, Louann Miller <domelouann at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 8:24 AM brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>
>> I didn’t notice any reaction to any of my COVID vaccinations.   I wonder
>> if there is a correlation between how big reactions someone gets with how
>> big of a problem the actual disease would be.
>
> A study from Brazil, which may or may not stand up to peer review, suggests
> at least one antidepressant can reduce symptoms if the user goes on to have
> COVID. I take the same class of medication (SSRI). This may relate to why I
> got no bad reaction to the vaccine while my husband, who doesn't, had the
> 'feels like one day of flu' level.
> The other thing about SSRIs is that you have to take them for around six
> weeks for the level in your blood to reach therapeutic amounts. So if the
> Brazil study is true, it won't be a whole lot of help for treating patients
> after diagnosis.

Trintellix, which I take, may be an SSNRI.
Yes about the buildup, especially since most psych meds have to ramp up. Due to the movers hiding the box with my pill bottles, I was off lamotrigine for about a month. Had to ramp up from 25mg to my current high level, with two weeks each for 25, 50, & 100. After that, just add anr 100 a week until I reached the correct level.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala