[LMB] OT: vaccine reactions & astronomy news

Mark Goldfield markgoldfield at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 29 21:14:28 BST 2021

I had sore arms and felt a bit run down after all three Moderna Covid-19 vaccinations. After the second dose I had a major bursitis flare up in my shoulder requiring a steroid injection, but my doctor thinks that the needle may have hit my tendon exacerbating my existing autoimmune disease. Not actually due to the particular vaccine. I had a full third dose in August because I am on immunosuppressive medications.
Having lost friends, neighbors, and a relative who died of Covid it seems well worth getting the vaccine.

I also had an unpleasant reaction to my first dose of Shingrix which was apparently a combination of having an autoimmune disorder and an interaction with other medications. I stopped the other medication and had no trouble with my second dose.  I am very glad to have some protection against shingles.

Mark Goldfield