[LMB] OT: Shooting

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 30 05:54:28 BST 2021

From: Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com>

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 2:35 AM markus baur via Lois-Bujold <
> one of the legal curlicues in this case will have to deal with Baldwins
> double role
> on the one hand  Baldwin was the actor who got handed a hot gun (yes, he
> should have check, but his legal culpability still should most likely be
> pretty limited)

>From what I have read, actors are actually _not allowed_ to open teh gun &
check the bullets, that invalidates the armourer's check, and the checking
process has to be repeated by the armourer.
An interesting wrinkle.

Gwynne: I've seen a few contradictory explanations of the rules about weapons
on set. I have a feeling that there's some confusion over what the rules really
say; or perhaps they change from state to state. Looks like they need a real
shake-up in the industry.