[LMB] Ranking Dads

Richard G. Molpus rgmolpus at flash.net
Sat Oct 30 07:14:40 BST 2021

Bothari also could call on the Vorkosigans for support; especially Cordelia. I'm certain Cordelia had a hidden hand in Elena's upbringing.
I suspect Elena loved Bothari, at a core level; she was shattered when he died - falling into Baz's arms.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Oct 30, 2021 at 12:39 AM, Beatrice Otter via Lois-Bujold<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:   I think the saving grace of Bothari was that he wasn't doing the raising himself, especially when Elena was a kid. He hired a woman to take care of her, and she lived with her foster-mother, not him. I think it would have been a very different story if he'd been doing the actual parenting, as opposed to just coming by to visit on his days off.

Beatrice Otter
Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to rgmolpus at flash.net
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk