[LMB] On Parental Rankings

H. Torrance Griffin htgriffin at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 30 10:05:24 BST 2021

 Bothari's a good example of 'Grading On A Curve'  Objectively speaking he could have done somewhat better (especially considering the example of the Vorkosigans), but compared to what one might expect of someone as damaged as he was and the circumstances of Elena's conception he is rather impressive.
Master Beneforte is almost as toxic as Bothari, and has less excuse.
    On Saturday, October 30, 2021, 12:54:46 AM EDT, lois-bujold-request at lists.herald.co.uk <lois-bujold-request at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:  From: Elizabeth Holden <alzurite at gmail.com>

Eric Oppen asked:

> How would Bothari rate as a father?

Not well, I would say. He lied to her about her mother and himself,
protected her to the point of being smothering, seems to have never
listened to her opinions (let alone her hopes and dreams), and it's hard to
imagine him being affectionate or understanding.  I'm sure his intentions
were good, inside his own mind, but he treated her like an object which he
owned.

namaste,
Elizabeth