[LMB] OT: Shooting

Agnes Charrel-Berthillier agnes at charrel.net
Sun Oct 31 01:54:42 BST 2021

On 10/30/21 06:41, WILLIAM A WENRICH wrote:
<snip>
> Now I expect some on list will say that since I heard it from Ms Cousins, who is not a member of the mainstream press, it must be wrong. Things are not true or false because of the person who says them. They are true or false by how they conform to objective reality.

While I agree with the 2nd and 3rd parts of your paragraph, in the case
of a reported (vs. personally witnessed) event I have no way to assess
the validity of the information you provided vs objective reality since
I have no idea who Daisy Cousins might be (except not a member of the
mainstream press, where the name of the outlet might allow me to check
the info was provided as quoted and provide the weight of a brand for
value assessment). So. Who is Daisy Cousins? Your aunt's friend's of a
friend's pizza delivery person? An worker on the set?? Your son's (who,
per your past posts, works in the industry's) acquaintance who is a
movie set armorer???

<google "Daisy Cousins">

Or is it actually somebody named Daisy Cousens, who I had never heard
off but has a YouTube channel introducing her as "a political and
cultural commentator [...] a 'flamethrower' [...] an *occasional*
provocateur, and feminist apostate [... t]aking up the call to fight for
Western civilisation with flair, style, and incredible sass."

And if so.... First, if she "contributes to The Spectator
(spectator.com.au), Penthouse Magazine (for the articles), and Sky News
Australia" doesn't that make her part of the [tabloid segment] of the
mainstream media? Second, if she is Australia based and I am too lazy to
watch 18mn of hysterically titled videoto figure it out, does she have
any special info on the topic that wasn't already reported in local US
mainstream press?

I mean, yes, I am going to distrust her as a source unless you can
provide more info to shore up her credibility on this topic, without me
having to do the work.

Agnes