[LMB] not quite a haut bubble OT:

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Wed Sep 1 06:03:59 BST 2021

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 04:08:09PM -0600, brazee wrote:

> We see how poor humans are at driving.   We have the stats.

Humans are still a lot better than the "self-driving" car systems.

OTOH there are a *lot* of automated trains running in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automated_train_systems#Grade-of-Automation_4_systems

In the US they tend to just be airport people movers, but other cities
are running full-service lines, e.g.:

Paris Metro 14 runs 14 km, with many stops.  But yeah, it uses "platform
screen doors" to keep people off the tracks -- that seems a common
feature.

Sydney Metro, 36 km and 13 stations and growing.

Copenhagen Metro, "Trains run continually, twenty-four hours a day, with
the headway varying from two to four minutes, but with longer intervals
(up to twenty minutes) during the night only."

-xx- Damien X-)