[LMB] [LMB ]Start of morals? was Writers and moral problems

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Wed Sep 1 08:05:09 BST 2021

On 31/08/2021 23:43, Matthew George wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 9:29 AM Matija Grabnar via Lois-Bujold <
>
>> Oh, giggle. I should've realized you're one of them "it's all inherited"
>> racist dog whistlers.
>>
> If you don't want people to think you're a fool, Grabnar, you should cease
> acting like one.  If you wanted to critique that program, you should have
> read about the context it was made in and the effect it had on Norwegian
> society.

If you didn't want people to think you're dishonest, "Mathew George",
you wouldn't have erased the part of my comment which showed I did
consider the context in which it was made before criticizing me for
ignoring it.

The "effect" a TV show can have on any particular society has no bearing
on how true it is. Just because it found a segment of population who
found their prejudices tickled in the right way, doesn't mean it is
true. Witness the antivaxx radio shows and yutube videos that have no
scientific leg to stand on, and yet have obvious influence on the gullible.

This is the second time you quoted me dishonestly, so I'm done
discussing anything with you. After all, if you quote me dishonestly to
my face, I can't rely on you honestly quoting your "sources", and it
takes too much time to chase it all down.