[LMB] OT: What is Christianity?

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 12:02:27 BST 2021

Considering that Mormons have Jesus in the name of their faith (The Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) I'm willing to give them the benefit
of the doubt here and call them Christians. I am, obviously, not a
theologian. I don't have any kind of stake in this one.

There have been many Christian groups which did not believe in the Trinity.
The Churches of Rome and Constantinople  labelled them heretics, but they
were Christian heretics.

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 9:52 PM brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> There are so many definitions of “Christian”.

Matthew George replied:

> Nope, there is one official one.

Which is? (And I don't know what 'official' means in this case. Forgive my
cluelessness.)

namaste,
Elizabeth