[LMB] not quite a haut bubble OT:

Katherine (Kathy) Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Wed Sep 1 16:32:35 BST 2021

On Sep 1, 2021, at 11:03 AM, Tony Zbaraschuk <tzbarasc at lasierra.edu> wrote:

> I am very much looking forward to the day when I can call up an online map,
> tell the car "get me there", and settle back in and read a book.

Self-driving cars could be a game-changer for people who should no longer be driving, especially in even mildly rural areas where there’s no public transportation (nor Lyft or Uber availability).  Aging in place becomes much more possible if there’s an alternative to driving one’s self for groceries, appointments, visiting friends, and so on — rather than being forced to move at that point.

Katherine