[LMB] not quite a haut bubble OT:

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 19:10:07 BST 2021

One thing I detest is when people get RIGHT up behind me, particularly when
I am going the legal speed limit.   Now that I have cruise control (longish
story), my custom is, when out on the road, to set the thing to the legal
limit and sit back and drive.  I don't feel like risking a speeding ticket
so Leadfoot Lou can go faster, thank you very much.

This goes double, triple, and quadruple for after dark.  I HATE having
people shine their goddamn headlights into my mirrors, especially if
they're in something tall enough that their headlights are right at my eye
level.  I've thought longingly of rigging some RPGs or *Panzerfauste *on my
car to deal with that problem, but, alas, we do not live in the world of
the Car Wars game.