[LMB] [LMB ]Start of morals? was Writers and moral problems

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 21:38:25 BST 2021

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 8:54 PM brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> A couple of times I have compared American black slaves with Quaddies.
>  (Their children were automatically enslaved and couldn’t hide their status)

The people arguing that the black slaves weren't human were merely
showcasing their bigotry.  The people arguing that the Quaddies weren't
human were... completely correct, biologically speaking.  And existing law
did seem to be on their side.  The law needed to be changed, but that
wouldn't help the existing case - which is when someone needs to be willing
to break the law.

Matt G.