[LMB] OT: New Kindle Firmware AAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Goldfield markgoldfield at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 22:03:43 BST 2021

One of my Kindle Paperwhites also did this upgrade yesterday. There is a way to naive within a book that I have found. After tapping in the upper part of the screen, I clicked on the 3 vertical dots in the right side. Then select X-Ray.  This gives a bar that allows one to move within the book.  I am also still finding where things are located.   This only seems to work in books purchased from Amazon. For “Doc” or side loaded books there is access to “Notes & Highlights” through the same 3 dots and that gives access to contents.  I am not sure whether this works in all Doc items.

If this is unclear, I can send photos of my screen. I do not wish to clutter the list with such details. Please feel free to send me a private email if I can help.
Good luck.  I wonder when my other Kindle will update itself??

Mark