[LMB] OT: Cars, independence, and haut bubble

brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Sep 2 00:35:32 BST 2021

> On Sep 1, 2021, at 5:09 PM, Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Around my neighborhood I see a Tesla about every thirty cars. I've been
> intrigued by them. Unfortunately the closest charging station is 6 miles
> away from where I live.

My wife buys the wrong lottery tickets, so we can’t afford a Tesla.   One person had a Tesla in our senior apartment building without a garage, and periodically went to the Tesla dealer to recharge.   That made *no* sense to me.

To me, plug-in vehicles need plugs.   That usually means a garage.    They should have sufficient power to fully charge the vehicle overnight.   For plug-in hybrids a 110 socket is normally sufficient for that as they only can go about 30 miles or so on a charge.   For a full EV, upgraded power is highly recommended.

Charging overnight is what makes EVs win.