[LMB] OT: Film recs was End of Slavery

brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Sep 2 13:55:51 BST 2021

> On Sep 2, 2021, at 2:01 AM, tidsel via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Apparently the only way to stop atrocities is by making them unprofitable..Does that say something about humanity, or about systems?

Unprofitable for the society the pays for them isn’t sufficient.   We can have wars that profit some powerful companies at great cost to the societies paying for them.

And there is inertia when we accept the status-quo as the way things are done.

And sometimes it is easy to blame groups for problems even when they are economically beneficial.