[LMB] self-driving vehicles OT:

brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Sep 2 14:29:42 BST 2021

> On Sep 2, 2021, at 2:34 AM, tidsel via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> I must admit that I do not see why cars should be made automatic, except in certain set conditions and routes.
> Except for making someone lots of money.

If the cars are going to be used in certain set conditions and routes, then the costs will be there wherever the cars are.

Incrementally automatic cars are already saving lives.   Gradually making them smarter will save more lives.

Automatic cars that talk to each other and with the roads will handle traffic better.