[LMB] OT: The End of Slavery

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Thu Sep 2 16:57:35 BST 2021

On 01/09/2021 21:34, Matthew George wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 8:34 AM B Van Look <vanlook19 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It's his standard behaviour pattern: first a strawman, then an ad hominem.
>
> At best, this is a gross misunderstanding on your part; at worst, this is
> an outright lie.  Disagree?  Provide one example of my offering a strawman.
>
> Matt "I expect a resounding absence of analysis" G.

I pointed out the two cases where you misquoted me in order to argue
against something I didn't say.

You did it a third time in your next mail where you said:

> Either you did not, OR you're knowingly lying about the veracity of the
> points it made by comparing it with anti-vaccination propaganda.
Except I didn't compare it to anti-vaxx propaganda. I said that
asserting "it must be true because it was influential" is a fallacy, and
I pointed at antivaxx propaganda as an example of something that was
influential and wrong. There is a difference. And the re-framing you
performed makes it a third strawman in as many days.

Now, unlike you, I am not asserting that you are dishonest. You might
just have poor reading comprehension. Since your vocabulary seems
otherwise fine, that might be indicative of a medical problem. Perhaps
you should consult a medical professional.

On the other hand, maybe you are dishonest. Or you could be dishonest
AND have a medical problem. Time will tell.